Android 5.1 Lollipop Download And Install On Google Nexus 5 7 And 10
Last Monday Google has started to release the first for Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. The Android 5.1 Lollipop Download will be released to several devices and it is expected the Nexus series to be the first which will get it.
According to Google’s sources and the fact that they posted factory images for these devices on its website, it is confirmed that the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Wi-Fi and Nexus 10 to be the first three devices to Download Android 5.1 Lollipop. If you are impatient about waiting until the official update arrives, you can use these images to custom install the Android 5.1 Lollipop on your Smartphone.
Note, that this process of manually installing the Android 5.1 Lollipop from the factory images which are available on Google’s website is not recommended to anyone but only for advanced users who have great deal of technical knowledge.
Considering the fact that this process will erase all the data on the device, it is required that you make a backup of your Android device first. So, if you know what risks brings the manual installation of the Android 5.1 Lollipop and if you own Google’s Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Wi-Fi or Nexus 10, then follow my instructions on how to install the latest Android Lollipop version on your Smartphone. Go here on this page for Android Lollipop Download for free. Now follow our tutorial bellow how to install.
Android 5.1 Lollipop Download And Install For Free
- Begin by downloading and installing the newest Android SDK on your Windows PC. Two programs will be installed with this, Fastboot and ADB. You can access them thru the command terminal on your computer, as a part of the software development kit.
- It is required that you add the SDK folder to the Path. You can do this by following these instructions:
- Right Click My Computer – Click Properties – Click Advanced System Settings
- Click System Properties – Advanced – Environment Variables
Now in this window, press on Path and after that click Edit and type in the name of the directly where you have previously installed Path.
- It is required that you enable USB debugging. To do this , navigate to Settings-About Phone-Software information
- Press Build Number seven times
- Navigate to Settings-Developer options. Enable USB debugging
- From Google’s website download the factory image that is compatible for your device
Download Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Android 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus 5
- New Android 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi)
- Android 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus 10
- Once downloaded, extract the image file on your PC
- Connect the Android phone and your computer with USB cable
- Run the device in Fastboot mode
If you are doing the installation on Nexus 5, then hold the volume up, volume down and the power buttons , and make sure that while you do this your device is powering on. For other devices will be find here.
It is also possible to boot in Fastboot mode with the ADB tool.
Next go to the command terminal and execute this command: adb reboot bootloader
If necessary, unlock the bootloader of the phone via your computer using the command terminal and typing this command: Fastboot oem unlock
Once you do this, next open a new command terminal and go to the unzipped system image directory.
At this point it is required to execute flash-all.bat which previously was part of the unzipped image file. The script will make installation of the required bootloader, baseband firmware and of course the Operating system.
Note that in order for this to function properly, it is necessary that you previously have added the folder where ADB and Fastboot were installed. Once you complete the installation, it is recommended that you lock the bootloader.
This is done for security reasons only. You can do it by booting the device in Fastboot mode while it is still connected thru USB. By executing Fastboot oem lock in the Command terminal. Remember that you can manually install the Android 5.1 Lollipop. Install on your Nexus phone with the help of this guide. However it is recommended that you be patient and wait the official OTA Install in order to avoid any problems.