How To Download Android 5.0 Lollipop And Install For Free
As expected the release of the Android 5.0 Lollipop for its Nexus series of tablets and smartphones has been announced by Google. Also the fact that the Nexus users were speculated to be the first who would get Android updates contributed to the increased sales of the Nexus devices. Even though it is not confirmed that the update will be Android 5.0 Lollipop itself still the Nexus devices are first in line to get it. The update itself will be available real soon and it is expected to provide new and amazing improvements and features.
Android 5.0 Lollipop Support Device Models
If you are impatient about getting the Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Google Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi), Google Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi), Google Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Wi-Fi, Google Nexus 4, Google Nexus 5 and Google Nexus 10 you can get the Android OS by means of using a factory image.
Still, remember that you will be doing this at your own risk. The guide is really handy and useful. However, once again I would want to remind you that updating to non-verified version prior the official release is not safe at the moment.
Android Important Details
According to Android police during the procedure many users would encounter a missing system.img error. In the post there is also a description on how to fix the error so you should check on the website post in case you encounter this error during the OS installation. It is important to know that this would require from you to manually flash all the files in the update. Due to this many users have reported errors like missing back buttons and having their device memory downgraded to only 16GB and the only way to fix this would be to do a complete system wipe. So as I have said before it is recommended that you wait for the OTA update in case you encounter the system.img error.
If you have already checked on the instructions you have probably realized by now that there is nothing complicated. You should be able to Download Android Lollipop if you comply with the steps, but in case you are not really sure you can pull it off you should just wait for the OTA update.
Download Android 5.0 Lollipop Free
Bellow you can find the exact instructions on how to manually download the Android 5.0 Lollipop. Install it on your Google Nexus device:
- Begin by downloading and installing the newest Android SDK on a Windows computer. You will install two programs, Fastboot and ADB. You can access both thru the command terminal on your computer, because they are part of the software development kit.
- Now it will be required to add the SDK folder to the Path. Please follow these instructions:
- Access your computer Properties by right clicking on My computer
- Go to Advanced System Settings
- Now navigate from System Properties Advances Environment Variables
- Once the new Window opens, select Path and then Click on Edit. Now type in the name of the directory where you have installed the SDK.
- On your device Enable USB Debugging by following these instructions:
- Go to Settings-About Phone-Software Information
- Now Tap on Build Number exactly seven times
- Go again to Settings-Developer Options. Enable USB Debugging.
Now download Android 5.0 Lollipop proper factory image for your device
- Android 5.0 Lollipop for Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop for Nexus 7 (2013) Wi-Fi
- Android 5.0 Lollipop for Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi)
- Latest Android 5.0 Lollipop for Nexus 4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop for Nexus 5
- Android 5.0 Lollipop for Nexus 10
Download All Android 5.0 Lollipop in one File
- Once the download is completed Extract the image on your PC
- Use USB connection to connect your Nexus and computer
- Run your device on Fastboot mode
The simplest way to do this is while powering up your Nexus device to hold a key combination. For instance, if you have Nexus 5, just hold the volume up, volume down and the power buttons and at the same time make sure you are powering on your device. You can check the key combinations for different devices here.
Also, it is possible to boot into Fastboot mode via the ADB tools. All that while the device is being powered on go to the command terminal and executea adb reboot bootloader. If necessary, you should unlock the bootloader of your device via your PC by using the command terminal and executingà Fastboot oem unlock
Instructions how to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Run a command terminal and go to the unzipped system image directory
- Execute flash-all.bat – This is part of the unzipped image file.
- Once you complete all of this, Google recommends that you lock the bootloader. This is for security reasons. To lock the bootloader, boot your device in Fastboot mode while it is still connected using USB and start the command terminal and execute: Fastboot oem lock.
This is the entire procedure on how to install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Google Nexus deice.